Question: How do I install my NewBlue plugins so that I can use them in Corel Video Studio Pro X6?
Answer: If you have the 3.0 versions of our products, then all you need to do is download and run the latest installation files for each collection that you own. They will automatically find and install for Video Studio Pro X6. You can find the latest installation files here: http://www.newbluefx.com/downloads
If you have an older version 1.4 or 2.4 serial number, then you can also install the 3.0 version and activate with your current serial number. In this situation, the plugins will install and work correctly; the only difference will be that you will not be able to deactivate the software from your computer should you need to reinstall or transfer it. In this case you would just need to contact our support department and we can take care of the deactivation.
If you would prefer to keep using your original 1.4 / 2.4 installation files, you can install the plugins for use in Video Studio Pro X6 using these steps:
- Run the NewBlue installer and select “Corel VideoStudio” as the installation option
- During installation, a window will come up that says “NewBlue Installation Assistant for Corel Video Studio.” This window will probably be blank. Just click OK.
- Complete the installation, clicking “Next” and “Finish” when prompted
- Go to this directory on your hard drive: “C:\Program Files (x86)\NewBlue\ [PRODUCT NAME] \ULead” (there will be a separate directory for each NewBlue product you install)
- Copy any “.vft” files in that directory to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel VideoStudio Pro X6\vft_plug”
- Copy any “.vfx” files in that directory to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\Corel VideoStudio Pro X6\vfx_plug”
- Repeat this process for all the products that you want to install
- The plugins should now show up correctly in Video Studio X6